22nd International Conference on IMAGE ANALYSIS AND PROCESSING
Udine – September 11-15, 2023
Scope and Topics
Over the past two decades, the availability of satellite data for research purposes has increased exponentially. This has allowed a growing number of research groups to try their hand at several interesting and fascinating new topics.
The topics of interest include but are not limited to:
- Earth Observation
- Big Data Managing
- Data Fusion Methods
- Semantic Segmentation
- Analysis of Geomorphic Processes
- Saliency and/or Anomaly-based Segmentation
- Assessment and Prediction of Natural Hazards
- Analysis and Classification in Urban Areas (e.g., buildings, streets)
- Analysis and Classification in Non-Urban Areas (e.g., precision agriculture)
- Analysis and Classification in Post-Disaster Scenarios (e.g., floods, earthquakes)
- Analysis and Classification for Safety and Environment Protection (e.g., illegal landfills)
- Use of Satellite Images for Supporting Navigation of Aerial Platforms (e.g., UAVs)
- Comparison between Historical and Current Maps and/or Change Detection Assessment
- Enhancement and/or Denoising and/or Compression Methods and Algorithms
Organizers and Program Committee
SAPIENZA & SAPIENZA-UNITELMA UNIVERSITIES
Prof. Danilo Avola (Sapienza University, Italy)
Prof. Daniele Pannone (Sapienza University, Italy)
Prof. Marco Raoul Marini (Sapienza University, Italy)
Prof. Marco Cascio (UnitelmaSapienza, Italy)
Dr. Alessio Mecca (Sapienza University, Italy)
UNIVERSITY OF UDINE
Prof. Claudio Piciarelli (University of Udine, Italy)
Dr. Axel De Nardin (University of Udine, Italy)
Dr. Silvia Zottin (University of Udine, Italy)
Dr. Alessio Fagioli (University of Udine, Italy)
Organizers' expertise and background knowledge
The nine people involved in the proposal have all been computer vision experts for at least 10/15 years. Currently, they are members of the VisionLab Sapienza (directed by Prof. Luigi Cinque) or the AVIRES lab at the University of Udine (directed by prof. Gian Luca Foresti). Over the years, the people involved in the proposal have participated both in the academic and industrial fields in various research projects in the field of artificial intelligence, computer vision and image analysis, including satellite images.
Author Registration Due: SEE HERE
SUBMISSIONS ARE OPEN
Paper Submission Deadline: July 31st, 2023
Notifications to Authors Deadline: August 10th, 2023
Camera Ready Papers Due Deadline: August 20th, 2023
Workshop Event: September 11th – 15th, 2023
According to the Proceedings of ICIAP 2023, the accepted works for the workshop will be published by Springer Verlag and indexed in Scopus.
Peer-reviewed paper event (orals/posters)
All submissions will be handled electronically via the conference’s CMT Website:
Authors can find complete instructions on how to format their papers at
The maximum number of pages is 12 including references.
Papers will be selected through a double-blind review process, taking into account originality, significance, clarity, soundness, relevance, and technical content.
Each submission will be managed by two Area Chairs and reviewed by at least three reviewers.
Prof. Claudio Piciarelli (University of Udine, Italy) – firstname.lastname@example.org
Prof. Danilo Avola (Sapienza University, Italy) – email@example.com